Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cataclysm Panic: It isn't even out yet! Chill!

I posted this as a comment over at Feral but I thought it was necessary to point it out on my own blog for those few and far between readers of mine.
First, know that I am responding to nothing in particular. Some of the blogs I have read seem to be creating problems of concern/panic before things have even chagned. Thus, I would just like to note the following (this entirely my opinion--not fact based, nor critical. Just observational).

It seems to me pointless to get upset about the changes in Cataclysm–as the point of a game is to remain fresh an challenging. Ok, so there are a lot of players out there who have downed the Lich King on super-duper hard mode. That’s great. But what about the rest of us? The ones who are casual players, but enjoy playing the game? Some of us enjoy playing the game, and care less about the mechanics. Does it make us bad players? I think not–just different. I’m not criticizing those who are concerned about the mechanic changes, I just would like to suggest that in addition to concern, people also remain excited. The expansion is going to change everything–but isn’t change a good thing? I think as a whole our society needs to remember that being in a rutt doesn’t expand one’s capabilities. (And I am not referring to just our gaming community!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metaphoria