Friday, April 16, 2010

WoW Shyness: The Journey of Joining a New Guild

I recently joined the Guild Taint on the Proudemore Server. The process was relatively painless except for the fact that I spent probably eight hours in a special room waiting to be invited to the guild. Anyhow, I got into the guild and I discovered something about myself: I am terrible at meeting new people.
The guild is gay friendly, so it’s not because I’m nervous about outing myself, or saying something inappropriate. And to be honest, it’s not like I have anything bad to be nervous or shy about. But this is what happens when I log on:
(Narcyssis): Hi everyone!
(Taint): Chirp. Chirp. (Yes, crickets)
And the reason I know this is a problem:
(BillybobJoe): Waz up!
(Taint): YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYA Hey what’s up! We missed you.
(NoobieSally): Hey Tainters!
(Taint): OMG, it’s Noobie Sally! OMG, we LOVE You.
(Narcyssis): How’s it going tonight?
(Taint): Chirp. Chirp.
(Zimrock): My foot hurts.
(Taint): AWE! I’m so sorry! That sucks. Are you okay?
Ok, so that might be a little exaggerated but that’s kind of how I feel. I mean, surely they recognize the fact that if I have a Deathknight, that means I atleast have to have a lvl 56 SOMEWHERE in the game. So, the next day, I try to emulate some of the other “tainters.”
(Narcyssis): hey Tainters!
(Taint):
(Narcyssis): How’s it going tonight? My foot hurts!
(Taint):
(Narcyssis): Wazzzuuppppp?
(Taint):
(Narcyssis has logged off)
(Taint): YAYAYAY LETS MAKE LOTS OF NOISE AND TALK TO EVERYONE BUT NARCYSSIS!
(Narcyssis has logged on)
(Taint) *pin dropping on the floor*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Metaphoria